description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 18...Mommy, watch me!


“Mommy, watch me!”  We made a stage of our fireplace today.  You in your ballerina skirt.  Me tossing about 9 pillows to the side, placed there to avoid injury to boisterous toddlers.  You suddenly had the theater of your dreams.  What is it about little children and their perpetual need to be seen, surveyed every second of every moment they feel they are doing something with any source of talent, any sort of action.  If they enjoy it, they want you to see it.  If your attention starts to wander while you’re watching them perform, they can see it in your eyes before your eyes even look away.  Is it just a need to perform?  The glory of newly-learned activities?  Is it the human being’s need for recognition?  Acceptance?  That said, is it even a child-thing?  I think the obvious answer is no.  In everyone’s “deep” lies the inescapable, undeniable pursuit to be seen, thus signifying our worth.  Well, guess what, my little Sadie-ballerina-superhero-‘lil’mama-soccer player-artist-reader-superstar-chef…YOU ARE SEEN.  And not just by me, by the God of this WORLD.  He made you.  He sees you.  And you are wholly and dearly loved, shaped by His hands.  Perfect and being made perfect.  You are His.  I remind myself as I type these words.  No matter how old you get, you’ll want people to notice you.  Give you due credit.  Reward you for all of your outstanding qualities.  I learn and relearn this lesson—it doesn’t matter what other people think.  It only matters what my Father thinks.  If I will let that sink into my over-the-years hardened soil in my heart, I will truly, deeply grow into who He sees.  Mommy, watch me.  Daddy, watch me.  Abba, watch me.  I AM. Says El-Roi. And….you ARE.  Worthy, that is.  You are worthy of Me.  --Christ in you, hope of glory.— Let HIS EYES rested on You be the strength, confidence and freedom you need to fully and deeply live for His glory.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment