description
365Expressions
Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Day 5...Mommy, will you play with me?
Today I was again reminded how special quality time with my children is. Not only do you want playtime with Mommy, you crave it. Several times today you asked me to play this or that with you. It was a little bit more prominent because Emma (the baby I watch) was here with us, but still. This is nothing new. We started to throw this bouncy ball back and forth in the living room. We counted together how many times you could catch it. Twenty-two times! That's how many times you actually caught it before getting tired. You're amazing! You loved the praise, and it kept you going. The excitement was riveting. At twenty-two catches, you ended it (exhausted, I think), and you ran to me with open arms declaring, "You're the best mommy ever!" And I could tell in your voice, as in other times when you've declared your love to me in this way, that you truly meant it. That means so much to me. Not only that, but that you express it the moment you feel it. Never underestimate the power of playing with your children. It's a gift that will truly make that lasting impression of love. It's their love language. I have to make myself play sometimes, as I'm getting "old" and love to be still, more and more. But it's worth it when I bring myself to throwing a ball, or making the dolls talk, just to see your eyes and face shine like the afternoon sun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment