description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 2...Always a princess

This morning we were getting ready for church, and I was putting on my make-up as usual.  These days you just love putting on mommy’s make-up.  You always ask, and sometimes I let you put on a little bit, depending on what we’re doing.  If I’m not careful, you’ll put blush on until your cheeks are like pink puff balls.  You’re so much into being a “princess” these days.  You hear it from daddy almost every day, “Whose princess are you?”  Daddy’s!” you reply.  And all it takes is a cute little dress that swooshes when you twirl, and you’re one happy girl!  There’s so much talk around the house about princesses, that I’m actually getting kind of tired of it!  But, I do always want you to know, that you are a princess.  You are royalty, because your Daddy is the King.  Jesus is the King of Kings, and that makes YOU, a Princess!  As we talked about that in the bathroom, I also added that we wouldn’t be putting on make-up today, because we only do that for fun.  And that right now, we’re going to church and don’t need to put on make-up.  I also explained that someday you can wear it when you get older, but to remember this one thing.  Real beauty comes from the inside.  It’s the beauty in your heart that is the most important.  The love you have inside your heart is beautiful, the way you love others.  You listened intently, and I pray that you hold onto this truth forever.  How valuable this truth will be for you throughout your life if you remember that inward beauty is so, so valuable to the Lord.  It’s what truly matters, unlike what the world will tell you.  You are so beautiful, my girl.  Never forget it.  God make you beautiful, with or without make-up.  Twirly dress or jeans.  You are His, and you are a treasure.  Find your worth in Him, and you will be full to the brim with life and love.

1 Peter 3:3-4 “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment