Okay, so by now you’re probably getting the picture that your mom wants you to take her advice in life. Especially after Day 17’s entry, but probably by the time I hand you this book and explain what it is. But let me get something straight. No matter what, I understand that this is YOUR journey. Life will take you where it wants to go, and it won’t be MY journey, it will be yours. And if God is in the center and highest point in your heart, it will be AWESOME.
Okay, there I go again! I keep giving advice. Hey, this is what this book is about, okay? Give me a break!
No seriously…I will always want to help you along, say the right thing, tell you what I learned, etc., etc. (Like my mom does so incessantly well J)
It’s all in well-meaning, good-natured mama love. But let me just say this…I will TRY not to over-step my bounds, especially when you get older. There’s a lot you’re going to need to learn from Him on your own. And it will be hard, but I will try to let you come to me when you want help. But that’ll be a lot later down the road. For now, I get to teach you EVERYTHING!! (which is probably why I’m doing this so FREELY right NOW! J)
So with that said, to illustrate my point, I’m going to shut up now. (I can just hear your three year-old voice gently and quietly saying to me, “Mommy, we don’t say shut up.” –giving me the “oops” look with the eyebrows raised. Okay. I’m going to be quiet now and let you, well, do whatever. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment