description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 6...Coming home

Last night I came home from being away for the evening.  I'm not away from you much these days.  We get to be together pretty much all of the time.  So when I came home, you were tucked in bed with your nana, and you were just so happy to see me, and I was so happy to see my smiling girl's face.  I love coming home to you.  Coming home to you is coming home. As a mom, especially a stay at home mama, you need to get away and have some individual time just for yourself.  To keep a hobby, interest, goals, activities, and such separate of your motherhood.  If you don't, you'll lose your identity. Identity is one of those things that people strive to find, try to hold onto, lose, etc.  Hopefully you will discover for yourself what it means to find your identity in Christ.  To be identified with Him is the only kind of life that is real.  You will be most alive when you hide your life in Him, and He comes alive in You.  It's pretty ironic that I "stay at home," and yet, it's still a challenge to be at home in your home continuously.  Contentment to be at work in the home is possible, with Christ.  My friend and I talked about "grace and peace" last night.  They go hand in hand.  It's the grace of God that helps me stay home with my children, and when I receive that grace and pass it on to you, then peace rules in our hearts and home.  Grace and peace to you on this journey, Sadie, wherever He leads you.

No comments:

Post a Comment