Tonight there was a show I was watching…dare I say it…The Bachelor. (and no I don't agree with finding love in this setting!! It’s only a game, and a pretty bitter one at that). Anyways, on it there was a girl who said something that struck me about mothers and daughters. She said, "My mom is always right. And it took me 28 years to realize that." Wow. I wish I could be "always right," but I do hope you know you can always turn to me because there's NOTHING like a mama's love. I know that from my own experience. Our hearts will affirm and condemn us in every decision we make. When we have the Spirit joined to our spirit within, He is our first counselor. God gave us parents, too. To work together with His Holy Spirit, to help you when you find you're losing your way. If you ever have the temptation to not ask me something, or not tell me something personal when part of you knows you should, that's a good indication you are being led by your flesh. Not good. In your heart, you know your mama loves you. In your heart, you know Jesus loves you. If you ever feel like running away, going your own way, can't tell Him this, can't tell her that, don't want to look into Daddy's eyes, etc., take it as a huge red flag, Dear. The Holy Spirit is your counselor. And He's given you parents to help guide you along the way. He set it up that way, to need each other. He is always right. We're also right a lot of the time. :) Don't spend 28 years figuring this out, plllllease!
No comments:
Post a Comment