description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 27...Who's counting?

Dear Sadie,
Expect the unexpected, or have no expectations at all.

It is just better to leave room for whatever to happen on the scene.  Especially in parenting!!  But, also in life in general.  I believe it saves a lot of heartache and stress when you expect the unexpected.  It does not keep your life free of heartache and stress, but it definitely lightens the load.

This week started out with Blackberry Monday, Daddy’s phone catastrophe.  Monday night the Honda showed signs of a broken transmission.  Tuesday the results came back—yes, the transmission was a goner.  Tuesday night I was temporarily locked out of the house and we had to use the bathroom down the street at a neighbor’s until your daddy came home 15 minutes later (we left the garage door opener in the broken car).  Later in the evening the stuffy noses began in both of you kids, and so did the sleepless nights for all.  Wednesday night your fever spiked a little and we spent the whole day in pajamas—even to the grocery store—and going through tons of tissues.  Thursday the truck I am borrowing would not start, but your granddaddy figured out the source.  Thursday night Daddy’s car window broke.  Friday I had to take you kids to my twice a month women’s small group, which was a little bit crazy, so that Daddy could take his car in to get the window fixed.  I talked and cried with my good friend so long today that I forgot to change Titus’ diaper over several hours and he leaked all over himself and his car seat, on top of which it woke him up from his nap early.  Now you have gone to bed early at 6:20PM from exhaustion, and I am hoping you stay asleep until morning. 
But who is counting what here?! There’s a song that says, “Count your blessings, name them one by one.” I think I might just need to do that today!  But I will stop for now or else this is going to be waaaaaay to long.  Because hey, I am REALLY blessed! J
Love,
Mommy


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" Ephesians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment