description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 41...Sing, sing, sing

Dear Sadie,
One of the things I love about kids, you in particular, is the songs that they sing.  The other day you were out on our tree stump just singing, nonsense mostly, at the top of your lungs, for all of the trees and sky and grass and two dogs to hear.  It made me smile.
I'm a singer myself.  Today I noticed that when I came out of my women's group, I was so full of the Holy Spirit from His encouraging Word to me, and from my fellowship with believers, that a new song just came and I sang as I drove.  I didn't have to think about anything, the words just flowed from my heart to His ears.  That's how singing in the spirit works.  Your mind can't get in the way because the words are just flowing from your innermost being and out of your mouth.  Like a child.
My dear child, stay with your song all of your life.  You don't have to perform for anyone.  You just sing your heart out.  Sow into your spirit, and you will reap songs of joy and peace and righteousness.
Love,
Mommy

"The kingdom of God is of....righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." Romans 14:17

"Let the words of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another will all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."  Colossians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment