description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 46...One day's time

Dear Sadie,
I extend an invitation to look into my day as a mother at this point in time.  I'm not proud of it.  I am proud of Who holds me at the end of the day.  My Maker.  And who I get to hold at the end of the day.  My family. Take a look.  No two days are ever a like, amen.

Sleeping in.  Computer ABCs. Mommy help me.  Sleeping in ridiculously.  Husband under sheets.  His turn to make the coffee.  I make the coffee.  Phone call about work. Send daughter to wake up the baby.  Happy, giggly babies playing.  Worship music soundtrack for our day.  Drink the old coffee first, just a sip.  Banana.  Mommy play with me. Cheese toast quietly munched at the mini kitchen table.  Babies staring outdoors at the day starting. Wash some dishes.  Collect library items due.  "Tangled" finally found.  Throw a load in.  Prepare milk bottle.  Juice cup.  Now for the fresh coffee, add milk and cream, I really shouldn't. Pull up blinds.  Open curtains.  Bright sun highlighting perpetual dust. Make Hubby's turkey sandwich for lunch. Prepare Hubby's chicken breakfast sandwich in microwave. Wipe crumbs.  Sweep crumbs.  Listing groceries needed.  Sighing about no car.  Probe toys hiding under tables, in corners, staring at me.  Good-bye, Daddy.  Snow White book.  Lilo and Stitch in background.  Laundry baskets carried upstairs.  Blocks stacked.  Blocks crashing down.  Laughter.  Laundry folded.  Moments stolen to surf for rentals. Tucking away clothes.  Daughter helping.  Hangers hung awkwardly.  Phone calls.  Selected scenes from Tangled.   Picking up dispersed parts of toys. Cheese sandwiches and chicken nuggets.  Chicken fajita.  Juice.  Kid talk.   Table hallelujahs.  More crumbs wiped.  Dish control.  Bathing suit on.  Titus naps.  Hose out.  Towels laid  Book and journal just in case.  Worship CD and stereo on porch.  Squeals and laughter.  Running.  Spraying.  Getting out kinks.  Phone calls about a rental.  Checking on sleepy baby.  Singing.  Reading a chapter.  Cold, refreshing water.  Coaching.  Ant dodging.  Tangled back on.  Long talk with Daddy.  Mapquest.  Wake up Titus.  Change diaper. Bathing suits.  Hose again.  Overzealous sister.  Crying brother.  Jumping, leaping, running.  Water. Brother recovered.  Awestruck by cars. Daughter getting crabby. Dinnertime.  Burgers, carrots and peas.  Please eat the veggies.  Swiping rejected, smashed carrots and peas off the floor.  Energy-deficient.  Half-napping while kids play.  Coffee and Disney movie.  Holding baby with bottle of milk.  Relaxation. Folding bath towels. Bathing time.  Pajamas. Combing hair.  Wind-down movie.  Phone calls.  Pinterest.  One in bed.  Quick cry.  More cuddles.  Asleep.  Teeth brushed.  Cheese and milk.  Banana.  Up and down stairs.  Good-night cuddles.  Jesus peace.  Sadie tucked in bed.  Now at the computer, Facebook, email, blogs.  Inspiration.  Daddy comes home.  Let me finish.  Salty popcorn.  Chatting.  Writing.  Can't wait for sleep.  Tomorrow, I will wake up by an alarm before the kids get up, and start all over again.

These are the fragments.  Probably mostly meaningless chronicles to another.  What I cannot detail are the hugs, the frustration, the training, the love, the warmth, the anger, the silliness, the mentoring, the fun.

Oh, the life of a stay-at-home mom.  I love it here.  

If you choose to go this route at any point, and I hope you do, get ready.  It's a ride.  And it's worth it.

Love,
Mommy

"train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind..." Titus 2:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment