description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 43..."Simon says..."

The other day we were at grandma's and we had her yummy meatballs and gravy over rice, carrots and brussel sprouts.  You ate most of your dinner with very few complaints, which was lovely.  A mom's delight.  But in the end, talking to Tabby (Grandma) you said, "I ate it, but I didn't like it."  To which Tabby replied very politely, not at all offended by her three year-old daughter, "That's okay.  You'll like it when you're older."  When I overheard you two talking, I just laughed inside.  It reminded of me how you said the very same thing just days before, and several times prior to that.  "I didn't like it very much, Mommy.  But I will like it when I'm older."  Just like Tabby, you said it so confidently and with the poise of an adult.

Every day I am reminded of just how much of a tape recorder you are.  Children take in what we say, and they spit it out without any thought. It happens so naturally.  Really, I am aware today how much God made us to be like this.  What we put in, that's what comes out.  What we sow into our soul is what we reap.  How I pray that you will stay connected to God's Word, both His spoken words (from Him and from others) and His written Word, the Bible.  The more you soak it all up, the more it will flow naturally.  You won't have to remember something, He will just give you the words.  To encourage, to bless, to admonish, to bless, to teach, to bless.  In addition, when you allow Him to pour His love out to your, the more love you will have flowing out of you and spilling onto others.   His truth flows like a river.  Let it pour into you, let it pour out to others.  Conversely, if you fill yourself with negativity and evil, that is what will flow out of you.  So be careful and mindful of what is going in.  What you are "recording."  I pray I can watch what goes in me, and receive all that He has for me, so that I only say (and do) what the Father would say.  I hope you say and do as I do.  I don't mind if you imitate me.  I only pray I will be steadfast in His Presence, resting in Him, confident in His love for me. Because then and only then will the obedience flow.  Then will I be an imitator of my Father.  Only then will I be sure that I am a model for you of His excellent ways.  Alone, I am no good to you.  Abiding in Him, I am full, alive, and fruitful like a tree planted by streams of water.  Without Him, I am nothing.  But in Him, I am a new creation, and I have everything I need for life and godliness.  How privileged I am to watch you walk and grow and imitate and figure everything out.  Because of you, because I get to be your mom, I grow every day.  Thank you!  Thank you, Lord!

Love,
Mommy

"A man reaps what he sows." Galatians 6:7

"The one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." Galatians 6:8

"God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us." Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment