I
think these days now more than ever, my passion for wanting you to be
intimately connected with God is strong. I guess because ultimately I know you belong to Him and He can love you infinitely greater than I can, first of all. And secondly, He is the one who is going to continue to teach you and walk with you, long after our teaching and walking days are over.
One thing I find us doing on a regular basis, like today, is just talking
about Him. And not in a theological
study kind of way, but in a natural and comfortable way, as if He was in the
room with us—of course because He is!
Wherever your understanding is, it doesn’t really matter at this
point. What matters is that I am
believing. That I am walking with
Him. And that I just let Him overflow
from my heart into the atmosphere of our home, or wherever we are, naturally, so
that He can penetrate into your heart, into your home. And not that that is the only way He can come
into your heart, but it most definitely is in these primary stages of life for
you.
My
prayer tonight is that you will find what facilitates your heart’s
connectedness to Him. Once you find what
stirs your passion for God, your heart will soar with Him!! For me, it has always been music and writing. Music and writing. I have a lot of music that has come out of me
and gone into me through the years. I
also have a lot of writing that has come out of me and gone into me through the
years. And through it all, both music
and writing have been facilitators of my worship of Him. They are the two things that primarily draw
me into His presence on a daily basis.
Tonight
I stumbled upon a video of Jeremy Riddle speaking about worship, and he is what
inspired this letter, so I will share this quote from him. He said,
“Music has been just so
instrumental in keeping my heart connected to God. I think if there’s anything I’ve ever wanted
music to do is just be something that facilitates a connection between God’s
people and Him. The record as a whole,
the whole point of it, for me is just something that people can take, can sit
in, and can use these songs to begin to pour out their hearts to God and feel
His heart for them.”
I
know you and I will not be the same in everything, although sometimes it feels
as if you are a “mini-me.” But knowing
that is what encourages me to say to you, find what facilitates your soul to
receive and express love to God. Worship
is just that for me, it’s an intimate exchange of love, honor and respect. There will be something, as music and writing
is for me, that helps you get reunited with God, time and time again, a place
of home and rest for you. It could become
an idol, so be careful not to worship the method. It is there because God put it there to help
you interact with Him. It will keep your
relationship with Him moving and growing.
What a gift it will be when you realize how you will be uniquely
encountering Jesus on this adventure.
Wow!
Love,
Mommy
“…that
Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have
power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and
deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians
3:17-18
No comments:
Post a Comment