Dear Sadie,
Tonight it was ever-so-evident how close you and I are, my girl. I came home from being away for about 2 ½ hours, and yes, Daddy had you up way past your bedtime of course. I found you lying under my covers on my bed just playing. You popped out all messy-haired and cried, “Mommy!” upon my entrance. We embraced and held each other long. “I missed you!” You got to stay up even longer after that, playing computer video games with Daddy, just having extra bonding time with the two of us. Putting you to sleep was pretty easy though. Daddy tucked you in, then I followed. I came in and started to stroke your long blonde hair. You closed your eyes, and with a smile on your face, you dozed off in a matter of seconds.
I am struck tonight with just how awesome the closeness is that we share. There is absolutely nothing between us. It’s love bare. Adoration. Compassion. Fondness like no other. No awkwardness, guilt or shame. Pure, true, love. It’s so beautiful I can’t even describe it. It’s crazy to have a human being you feel so close to. I know you love me daily, and I you. I so wish I could maintain that same intimacy with others, with everyone. Of course at times I do, but with us adults, we always tend to have things dangling in the atmosphere…unforgiveness, awkward socialness, selfish unmet desires, demands, expectation, fear, busyness…it’s selfish pride really. Every now and then you have breakthrough, and you have close, intimate relationships born into your life. But even then, it comes and goes. With a parent and child, in my experience, it begins at the child’s birth, and grows. And when God is present as He is in our home, the feeling is indescribable joy. I want that same intimacy kind of intimacy with spouse, with God, with all, all of the time! I think we are tasting heaven each time we share in such sweet, sweet and tender fellowship. That’s communion. A reflection of His love for us. A picture of the beginning in the garden.
Thankful to God for His Grace-gift in you,
Mommy
“Every good and perfect gift comes from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights…” James 1:17
“But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another…” 1 John 1:7
No comments:
Post a Comment