description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 45...The Dance

Dear Sadie,
At our usual Sunday gathering yesterday, I felt freer than ever to dance.  It's hard to close your eyes when you're dancing--you pretty much fall down!  So to keep your eyes open and dance at church, you have to be caught up in the Presence of the Lord and swept away by His love in order to do it, which is good, because then it is true, authentic worship.  And in being caught up, it means even though your eyes are open, you are not looking about you to see who is watching, or looking to see what others are doing.  Something must have been loosed in me on Sunday, because all day to day I have had the urge to dance with Jesus.  In the kitchen while I was making breakfast, cleaning up, doing the dishes.  I just felt the Spirit's calm presence moving me to express His love through dancing and singing.  His peace stayed with me all throughout the day, so that even when I wasn't physically dancing, I was still swaying and moving to His rhythm, enjoying His peace.  Doing laundry, picking up toys, talking with Jason, taking care of kids.  He truly does NOT give as the world gives.  It is real, true, almost tangible peace.  From the Prince of Peace.  He is my dance partner.  I want this freedom to keep propelling me.  I want the steps and the moves to bleed into every area of my life so that I am dancing with Him through every day and every circumstance, in any crowd of people, or alone.  Whatever the case, in spirit and in truth, I will live for Him.  This kind of love you will experience someday.  Sometimes you watch me and smile when I'm acting foolishly in love with Jesus around you.  You might think I'm just being silly right now, but just you wait girl.  Just you wait.  I know God is near to children.  You definitely have done your share of dancing!  I pray for early God-encounters for you, and everyday love pulsating through you, body, mind and spirit.  Dance like no one is watching.  He is pleased by you!

Love,
Mommy

"And David danced before the Lord with all his might."  2 Samuel 6:14

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy."  Psalm 30:11

"You make me full of gladness with your presence."  Acts 2:28

No comments:

Post a Comment