description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 44...Sugar and Spice

Dear Sadie,
At church this Sunday, Pastor Brent commented on how sweet my children are, and told me that I'm doing an awesome job at parenting them.  What a compliment!  How encouraging his words were to me!

It is no secret that I have such a sweet little girl for a daughter.  I am consistently reminded of it.  Friends, family and strangers alike all can recognize sweetness for what it is.  It just flows out of you.  "I love you."  "I just love being with you."  "I love hanging out with you."  "Thank you for playing with me."  So uplifting are you!  You just are showering others with words of grace and kindness all the time.  It makes my heart so happy to see and to hear about my daughter blessing others in this way, especially when I'm not around.

Mark this down:  one of the most important values you can instill in your household is the weight of your words, and how we constantly either sow life or death to others with our mouths.  Blessings or curses.  As loved ones of God, we choose to bless!  As I experienced on Sunday, and every other day, words are full of power to uplift.  Just as Brent encouraged me, so you encourage me every day.  That I am a good mother to you, that I am demonstrating love to you, etc.  That means so much.  Tonight I was at a Ladies' Night Out with my mom, and the speaker there said this, and it is so true, "When someone offers a word of encouragement to me, I just feel like three inches taller!"

Right now you are so pleasant because you live simply and have little baggage about you.  In innocence, children naturally enjoy life and love people.  I pray you will only grow in more and more grace in the days ahead.  With His supernatural power, yes, it is possible!  That is my prayer for you.

This lesson is so important to me, because God knows I so desire to be a sweet fragrance for Him.  When someone calls me "sweet" it blesses my soul.  Growing up, I was called "Brat" or "Snot," enough times to stay with me today.  I don't believe that anymore.  Not because I have become a better person necessarily, although I hope I have grown up!  But I don't accept those names now because God has spoken to me several times, even recently, that I am sweet!  Even two Sundays ago, when someone began praying over me, I specifically heard the words "sweet girl," and it just broke me!  He sees me that way, just as I see you that way.  And when I believe what He says about me, I walk in that truth.  I am able to live it out through the assurance of His Words to me.

Like I say, "You're my candy!"  In more ways than one, you ARE my sweet, sweet girl.

Love,
Mommy

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."  Proverbs 16:24

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

"For we are unto God a sweet savor of Christ" 2 Corinthians 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment