description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 47...What am I doing??

Dear Sadie,
Some days I ask myself, what am I doing, writing letters to Sadie?  Is she even going to read them?  What if I am teaching her something that is contrary to what God would teach her?  I go into this thinking I have all this wisdom to share with you, and that you should be so lucky to have me!  Then most days I'm going, "What am I thinking?!"  I hope you bear with me.  I hope you know that I know that I do not have all of the answers.  I hope you can see my heart and know that I try to speak from it always.  Most of all, I want you to have your own relationship with God so that He can teach you all things.  If something I say doesn't sit well with you, and you can't find it's agreement in the Scripture, then just forget about it!  Ultimately, God will show you the Way, and then walk in it.  Otherwise, my heart overflows for you.  I will never intentionally lead you astray.  You can bet on that.  But most of all, you have a Shepherd who will lead you into all Truth.  I shall remind you of that over and over again.
Love,
Mommy

"But when He, the Spirit of all truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth." John 16:13

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him."  1 John 2:27

No comments:

Post a Comment