description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 35...God's jewels

Dear Sadie,
There are so many days where I promise you something.  I tell you I am going to do something for you, and I really, really try to remember to do it.  And when I don't, you will remind me.  Then I do it.  With all of my might, I do it.  Do you know why?  I will tell you.  Because keeping my promises to you is very, very important.  It's my way of telling you I love you.  I keep promises to you about things that are small mostly, but big to you, that's what matters.  What they mean to you, not me.  I promise you I'll look for the missing foam pieces to your color puzzle in the closet baskets.  I promise you I'll play dolls when the dishes are done.  I promise you we'll go to the park tomorrow.  I promise you we'll call Julia's mom and schedule a visit.  I may not use the words "I promise," but to you, they are important and will be remembered.

God is like that.  He is the one who never breaks His promises. And His promises are important for us to remember and Him to keep.  He's good at keeping them.  It's just us that needs to remember them.  Pray them.  Thank Him for them.

I will never leave you.

I love you with an everlasting love.  I have drawn you with lovingkindness.

I will meet all of your needs.

You will spend eternity with me.  I am preparing a place for you.

Your sins are forgiven and forgotten.

You are safe in my arms.

I rejoice over you.

He is the best Father a girl could ask for.  Not only does He keep His promises, but He's thought of everything.
Let's commit to memorizing these, and recite them whenever we lose sight of His promises kept.
Us princesses like our jewels.  Well, these are worth more jewels than you could count.  Our daddy is rich!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment