description

365Expressions

Writing these "letters" has helped me to process life as a new mother, remain thankful, and come awake to the little moments that make this pretty challenging season simply wonderful.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 39...Praise God for people!

Dear Sadie,
Tonight I can't help but think about how good people are.  And I'm not talking about good as in moral character.  Good as in, "And God said it was good."  We know God is good, and we talk about that all of the time. We even talk about how He made the sky beautiful, and the flowers pretty, and all of that is wonderful.  But tonight I reflect on how good He made His most precious possession.  The ones He made so intimately connected to Him in the garden.  The ones He handed the keys to and gave the right to rule over the earth.  The ones He made in His own image.  We are pretty awesome, to say the least.  I'm deeply impressed.  I don't think I need to go into all the wonderful characteristics that make people wonderful.  I'll save that for another day.  In general, we're pretty stinking cool!
I look at you, my daughter, and there is no denying the Creator.  He has made you fearfully and wonderfully.  Set apart from any other creation.  I sing to you all of the time, "You are my sunshine."  I think God put the sun there just to reflect how my daughter would shine into my life and bring so much joy into it. Into others' lives as well.  I know that's not the purpose of the sun, but it sure seems like it.  I am full of wonder when I examine you.  I am full of respect for a God who intimately knows every part of you.  You are amazing.  You have an awe-inspiring Daddy Artist.  He created you out of dust, and you have become the apple of His eye.  You are my treasure.  My gift from God.  I look at you and marvel at His works.  I can't help it.  It brings tears to my eyes.  And I can't forget my son, too.  But this letter is about you, and so I talk about you.

All too often we are critical of man, only seeing and talking about the downfalls and mistakes and sins.  And we critique and analyze and squelch what's raw and beautiful. I think we dishonor God when we do that.  He is sorrowful over our sin, yes.  But Jesus has paved the way back into His open arms.  So we can come boldly, and should.  Repent when necessary, and come as confident children with total access.

Yes.  I am full of wonder now when I think about you.  And you are my daughter, so I get to know you up close.  Think about how amazing it is that God has made so many people, and He longs for each one to be brought back into His Kingdom.  Back into His house.  Back into His arms.  Fully redeemed and restored to their original intent, design and destiny.  My prayer is for you to know your Daddy full well.  To accept Jesus as a perfect gift of grace, paying all of your debts.  And the Holy Spirit's guidance and friendship.  So much has been given to us.  It blows my mind to think of these things, only my spirit can contain some of it.  Tonight I am thankful for His treasure in you.  I am also thankful for His treasure in man He created.  How beautiful heaven will be when we who feast at His table, receive His free gift, will know face-to-face what all this means.  Who His is.  Who we are in Him.  We will then fully understand what now makes us speechless.  We will know the Glory intimately, no shadows.  No reflections.  Pure as daylight.
For now, I will choose to see through His eyes.  Look with me.  Choose to show mercy, grace and compassion.  Choose to draw out the light that God has placed within.  Set your eyes on His beauty, and you will see the wonderful amazing awe-inspiring creation He has made in man.  Specifically in man.  Tell of His wonders. And give thanks.

Love,
Mommy

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment